♥ Monday, May 18, 2009 ♥
12:03
A little less wise now.
Just got back from my wisdom tooth operation a while ago.
Let's just say it was one helluva frightening experience.
I was shaking like mad prior to, during, and after the operation.
Firstly, the doctor sprayed something on my gum to numb it ready for the injection.
Then, he injected 2 jabs of local anesthetic into my lower left gum.
It was rather painless, but I could still feel the needle slowly going in.
Next, he moved me into the surgery room where I was given a headset to listen to soothing music.
(becos I told the nurse I was freaking out and was about to pass out anytime haha)
For hygiene purposes, the nurse covered up my chest and the upper part of my face.
I seriously think that was just an excuse to prevent me from witnessing the operation and freaking out even further.
The doctor then slit my gums (I could still see from the tiny hole) and starting drilling and digging and pulling and sawing and what not.
Because my wisdom tooth was located disgustingly near the nerve (or even touching it), I could still feel a little bit of pain, but not much - very bearable.
After what seemed like an eternity (my mum reckoned it's about 20 minutes), the doc finally told me it's done and started to stitch me up. Again, no feeling but I could see the thread going back and forth.
Throughout the entire operation, Doctor Tan Min Seet was very encouraging and assuring. He kept saying things like, "you're doing a great job, excellent.... yada, yada". He's quite a reputable surgeon, so if you want to extract your wisdom tooth, you can consider going to him :)
I even got a $100 discount because I was recommended by my sister.
Le MinT's Dental Practice
No 132 East Coast Road
Tel: 6440 7321
So anyway, here are some pictures I wanna gross you out with :P
my hideous not made up swollen face
my first gauze (im at my third now)
my broken tooth
part of my gums came out with it (yuck)
used super glue to glue it back haha
It's quite a massive tooth can?
The left side of my face is currently still numb, and I think it's the best time to be squeezing pimples lol.
Anyway, I can feel the drowsiness of the painkillers kicking in now.
Will probably go have a lie down or something.
Have a nice Monday!